On behalf of the San Diego Sports Association, I would like to inform you of the Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship, a unique scholarship opportunity available to your students. I encourage you to share this letter with coaches, teachers and counselors who can open a door for students by encouraging them to apply for this scholarship. The Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship offers a $5,000 scholarship to five high school seniors in San Diego County. A second scholarship of $5,000 can also be earned, provided the recipient remains in good academic standing following the first year of college, for a total possible scholarship award of $10,000. The nominee must have demonstrated an ability to overcome personal obstacles associated with drugs or alcohol, a strong commitment to athletics and a desire to continue personal growth and development through higher education. There is no minimum GPA requirement, but academic growth will be considered.
The following is a description of the scholarship, nomination criteria and submission process.
• One-year scholarship for $5,000 for the school year September 2019 – June 2020
• Scholarship recipients who remain in academic standing following their first year of college will earn an additional $5,000 scholarship for their second year of college
• Eligible expenses include college tuition, books and on-campus housing
• Recipients will be required to keep in periodic communication with the San Diego Sports Association, to report on their progress
• High school senior who will enroll in either a two- or four-year college
• Has overcome personal obstacles and troubles in life associated with drugs or alcohol
• Demonstrated athletic achievement and participation in organized sports
• Demonstrate leadership ability and demonstrated personal responsibility
• Demonstrated academic growth
• Demonstrated financial need
• Has a strong commitment to setting and reaching life goals
• All submissions must include: the completed nomination form, a copy of the student’s high school transcripts and a letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach or counselor. The letter of recommendation should attest to why the nominee’s behavior, attitude, desire and character warrant this scholarship.
• The letter of recommendation should attest to why the nominee’s behavior, attitude, desire and character warrant this scholarship.
• All nominations should be submitted by a coach, teacher, counselor or principal.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
San Diego Sports Association, Attn: Sarah Petitpierre-Branco
3840 Via de la Valle, Suite 300 // Del Mar, CA 92014
February 15, 2019. (Please note that all documents must be postmarked on or before that date) The selection of the qualified recipients will be made in March 2019 and the winners will be notified in early April 2019. Recipients will be required to attend a local presentation ceremony. For further information, please visit sandiegosportsassociation.com.
Please click “here” directing you to the official SDSA PayPal.